The 10 Ways to Know if You Qualify as a Book Geek
If you’re going to be something, at least be proud of it. If you’re a book geek, raise your hand. “How do I know if I’m a book geek?” Well, that’s a pretty good question. Here are some ways you can tell:
- You’ve stayed up all night, even if you had an early morning, just to finish one more chapter.
- You’ve spent hours in a line for a book signing and still think of it as the best time you’ve ever had.
- You have been known to lose your breath when walking into a new book store.
- You get a new textbook and the first thing you do is sniff it. And not the “hey I wonder if this ink will get me high” kind of sniff.
- You are boycotting all e-readers because they just don’t feel the same.
- You cringe when you see someone dog ear a page.
- You believe that writing, highlighting, or drawing in a book should be punishable in a federal court.
- You have been known to refer to real life people as fictional characters. I once had a boss who I called Delores Umbridge, I still can’t separate the two in my head.
- You have been known to laugh or cry in public because of something in a book.
- You refuse to watch any movie until you’ve read the book first. Let’s face it the books are always better anyways!
Got anymore that I forgot?