The Book That Should Sit on Any Coffee Table or in Every Bathroom
I absolutely love this little gem of a book. I have referenced it so many times, it’s unimaginable to me that anyone can go through life without having this book. This book, as you can see on the cover, is the sacred teaching of nerd culture. It is jam packed with these deliciously geeky phrases and then insights into them. Written from the perspective of geekdom being a religion, just adding to the quirky nature of the book.
In this book you can find such geek culture mainstays such as:
- I have been, and always shall be, your friend.
- With great power comes great responsibility.
- Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
- The first rule of fight club is: you do not talk about fight club.
- Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
The list goes on and on. For over two hundred pages, you are filled with these little geeky quips. The insights by Segal are just delightful too.
Truly, this is a book you’ll be referencing for ages!