Happy Birthday Harry Potter
That’s right, JK Rowling and her protagonist share a birthday. So here’s some facts you may not have known about the Harry Potter series.
- The least successful Harry Potter film, Prisoner of Azkaban, still made $90 million more than the most popular Twilight film.
- Director Alfonso Cuaron wanted to become more acquainted with who the three main characters were, so he asked each to write an essay on who their character is. He got exactly who each character was considering Emma Watson turned in a 16-page essay, Dan Radcliffe turned in a one page essay, and, well, they’re still waiting for Rupert’s essay!
- The release of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was delayed until school let out. There was concern that if it was released earlier it would have caused the schools to be empty!
- One of the flying Ford Anglias was stolen from the set. It was found seven months later when an anonymous caller phoned in its whereabouts.
- There was an outbreak of lice among the child actors during the filming of the second movie.
- Tom Felton had his pockets sewn shut during the filming of Prisoner of Azkaban, he wouldn’t stop sneaking food onto the set.
- Tom Felton auditioned for both the part of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley but could he honestly be anyone other than Draco Malfoy?
- The actress who played Moaning Myrtle was actually 37 years old! She’s the oldest person to play a Hogwarts student ever.
- During the horcrux kissing scene between Harry and Hermione, Rupert had to be removed from the set. They could not stop him from laughing.
- Ron Weasley originally had quite the potty mouth. Publishers, however, made Rowling take out most of the swear words because they were not appropriate for children to read.
- Dan Radcliffe voiced the parody version of Edward Cullen on the Simpsons!