Jumping For Joy
I have finally finished Great Expectations. While the book was, at times, hard to get through, I am really glad I kept plugging along. Pip is a fantastic character that you can truly see grow throughout the book. I love the twists and turns in this book, although some were fairly obvious. Some led to complete “What” moments. Here’s a list of some of the major twists I enjoyed.
- Joe marries Biddy. I honestly did not see this one coming.
- Estella in the garden. I kind of thought she would be there but it was still shocking.
- Magwitch is the benefactor. Saw it!
- Matwitch is Estella’s father. I kind of wondered but was still very shocked.
- Orlick killed Mrs. Gargery. I completely knew this but didn’t know he was after Pip. Interesting.
- Miss Havisham apologizes. I didn’t think the woman had it in her.
For all it is worth, I enjoyed the book. Now on to Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Time to get a little mad here!