Top 10 Books About the Civil Rights Era
Today marks the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech. I would like to take a moment to post the top 10 book written about the Civil Rights era. They are all fantastic reads and well worth picking up.
1. Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
3. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
4. The Watsons Go to Birmingham by Christopher Paul Curtis
5. One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
6. I Have a Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World by Martin Luther King Jr.
7. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
8. Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin
9. The Rock and the River by Kekla Magoon
10. The Other Side by Jacqueline Woodson
- Posted in: Book Geek Humor & Reflections
- Tagged: 100 Classic Challenge, Black Like Me, Book, book club, Book Geek, book love, book lover, books, Christopher Paul Curtis, Civil Rights era, Harper Lee, I have a dream, I Have a Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World, Jacqueline Woodson, John Howard Griffin, Kathryn Stockett, Kekla Magoon, martin luther king jr., Mildred D. Taylor, One Crazy Summer, Rita Williams-Garcia, Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry, Sue Monk Kidd, The Help, The Other Side, The Rock and the River, The Secret Life of Bees, The Watsons Go to Birmingham, To Kill A Mockingbird