The Magic of a Good Book
Here are the 10 reasons why I don’t own a kindle:
- I never have to plug a book in to charge.
- A Kindle looks stupid sitting on my bookshelf.
- I adore cute bookmarks which just look ridiculous sitting on the top of a Kindle.
- Kindles don’t smell like books.
- Kindles don’t feel like books.
- Children will never know the feeling of “wearing a book out” by reading it too much.
- It’s hard to see the words through children’s smudgy finger prints.
- What’s the point in owning 200 ebooks if you can’t display them? I love when people come over and see how many books I have actually read and the quality of them.
- I want to flip through a book and find that one special quote.
- My books are like extensions of my soul, I am not a machine!
Okay, I know I said 10…but here’s a big one. When I was growing up, one of the biggest joys I had was going to a bookstore. I loved the little nooks to read in and the smell of the cafe. Amazon is killing the mom and pop bookstores. I fully support my local bookstore “The Book Stall” and would hate to see them cease to exist.